Saturday, November 6, 2010

Random Updates...

Hi Cozies! I'd like to say thank you to Jacqueline and Rie for being here this week! I had fun reading more about your books. Paranormal romance and romantic suspense are two of my favorite sub-genres. And thank you to those who welcomed them to The Page :)

Today I'm doing my second post for Sweethearts of the West! I promised more contemporary western goodness so I brought my playlists for the Wayback Ridge Trilogy and discuss how music can influence western romance. I had a lot of fun writing it so stop by!

Something else I should mention is voting. Election Day's over, but polls are still open for the Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act. This is important because e-piracy affects so many hard-working authors. If you are a fan or a book lover, I ask that you please click on the link and vote. It only takes a few seconds and I think I speak for a ton of authors when I say we would all appreciate it so very much!

As for an update on NaNo, I have been meeting my word count every day, if not exceeding it so my fourth paranormal is coming along nicely. My NaNo word count is currently over 8000 words, but I usually finish each day above average. Hoping that continues. The book itself is now 15000+ words underway because I wrote the prologue and first chapter in September. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I've already met a surprise secondary character. He's a bit misguided - but I like him! I'm planning some fun NaNo-related topics over the next week so check back in for that.

I got a surprise this week on Goodreads - romance author Karen Michelle Nutt wrote a couple of reviews for the Wayback Ridge Trilogy audio books....

5/5 stars for Bluest Heart: Casey Ridge is a cowboy who knows what he wants and he wants Josie Brusky. However, a shattering past may keep them apart. I loved this story of passion, forgiveness and the need to let the past go to have a future. Ms. Williams ropes you in from the start with her hunky cowboys of Wayback and her spitfire heroines. What are you waiting for? Fall in love with Ridge family. You won’t regret it.

4/5 stars for Bet It On My Heart: Keefe Ridge is a bronc-busting cowboy, who is on his way out. His plans for the future: a dream business. This wild cowboy’s plans doesn’t include settling down, but when he meets a city woman, Agent Calli Morlani, his pledge starts to falter. Agent Calli Morlani came to Wayback to bring Stella Ridge back to Hollywood. Simple task. Who in their right mind would chose a small town in nowhere-land over the bigger-than-life Hollywood? Calli is about to learn the answer, but it’s not what she expected. Ms. Williams has done it again creating a tantalizing tale of romance by welcoming you home to meet the Ridge family.

Thank you so much for the wonderful reviews, Karen! I'm so glad you enjoyed the audio books! Readers, if you love a book please let the author know - whether on Goodreads, Shelfari, or the publisher's website. AudioLark where the Wayback Ridge Trilogy is available in audio has review forms for readers to fill out and so does The Wild Rose Press! Or contact the author personally via email. You can reach me at amber@amberleighwilliams.com. Also please sign up for my new reader newsletter with the pink button in the sidebar. My first newsletter goes out soon!
Until next week, happy reading!

No comments: