Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kiss me...I Really Am Irish!!!


Aye, tis the day when the green hills, the blarney stone, and a tall glass of Guinness call me home to Ireland. I really am Irish, I promise. Somewhere on my dad's side...and possibly my mom's though there's a wee bit of an argument as to whether they're really Scottish or not. Anyway, the point is I've got SOME Irish blood in me and YES, I celebrate St. Patty's Day, thank you very much!!!
To anyone who loves Ireland, I highly recommend Nora Roberts' Irish trilogies. Born in Fire, Born in Ice, and Born in Shame was her first. But before those I read Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, and Heart of the Sea and fell in love with not just Ireland but its people as well. Or like me you could just read her J.D. Robb In Death series and fawn over Roarke.... I'm so re-reading Naked in Death. Like right now!
Ah...I love me some Irish :)
Want a taste of Ireland? Visit Nora's travelogues on adwoff. Here's a lady who knows a little something about The Green Isle: http://adwoff.com/nora-travelogues/ireland2004/.
And...ahem...am I the only one who got really giddy to see the trailers for Nora's new movies? (http://www.noraroberts.com/movie2009.htm) But, hey, where's Roarke?

No comments: