Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

BH up for Best Book of the Week!!!


Today I received an email from the review site Long and Short Reviews and found out that Blackest Heart is up for Best Book of the Week. The polls open this weekend so be sure to cruise by LASR and vote: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/LASR/recentrev.htm


Lilac, the reviewer, had some lovely things to say about the story and characters. Here are some of her comments. "In this touching contemporary story, when a young actress returns home following a car accident that has left her scarred she finds healing and love in the arms of a quiet cowboy. Together the two begin to help each other overcome their tragic pasts and heal in what I found to be a very touching relationship. I was especially drawn to Judd, a nearly mute man who doesn’t really say much throughout the story, but whose silence and actions I found spoke volumes. I felt that Judd’s quiet nature was a brilliant choice by the author as it made Judd even more intriguing for me and demonstrated the author’s ability to convey emotion and the story through actions and other characters. "Blackest Heart" is a wonderful story with characters that will touch the heart and I for one am glad I got the chance to read it."


According to the LASR site, "Five Books" means "Great! You would definitely buy this book. You would definitely recommend it to your friends. You really loved the characters and the plot and would consider looking for this authors back list or making her an autobuy. The writing and editing were superb." Whew, boy, is that a pick-me-up!!!


No comments: