Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Thank You & Spring Happenings!

I have to give a shout-out to my guest authors (and heroines!) of the 20 Questions Event here at The Cozy Page for fourteen fabulous days of interviews and excerpts! Thank you also to readers and participants! There are a couple of unclaimed prizes so if you did enter any contests, please be sure to check to see if you won.

Today I'm over at Vintage Vonnie talking historical romance!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! February is my favorite month of the year and Valentine's Day is probably my favorite holiday, doubly special because it marks the occasion (six years ago) when the hub asked me to marry him. And I've always loved the spirit of the day as well as the story of St. Valentine. Yesterday it warmed up here on the Coast and reminded me that spring (however reluctantly) is on the horizon!

A couple of things on that note. I will be participating in Crystal Rain-Love's Fool for Romance Contest, leading up to April Fool's Day. I've decided to donate a Starbucks gift card. For me, coffee and romance go well together. In March I'll be blogging at Sky Purrington's Celts & More Event, which will include a special deleted scene from Bet It On My Heart that I've never revealed before.

A few non-writing related events coming up on the radar. Valentine's is over so I now get to look forward to the Oscars. Who else gets into the Oscars buzz? I love setting aside the evening for watching. This year I'll be hosting my first Oscars party, complete with dressing up, hors d'oeuvres, champagne/sparkling cider and, just for fun, some good ol' fashioned winning moment reactions! I'll be rooting for The King's Speech and Colin Firth to win Best Picture as well as Best Actor... Team Darcy!




At the end of March, I'll be running out to buy Tangled on DVD just in time for another special occasion the following month. As everyone knows, there is to be a royal wedding in April. Since I wasn't around for Diana's, I'm eager to view Prince William and Kate Middleton's nuptials. My sister and I have arranged for some princely-related fun. The night before will call for a Disney Princess marathon - always a treat and a throwback to some early inspiration! The morning of will consist of our tea-and-tiara party as we hopefully catch some live footage. Who else will be glued to their televisions on April 29th?

Late spring also marks an even more special occasion, in my view. The hub and I will be celebrating our five-year wedding anniversary, hopefully at our family's lake house in north Alabama! I'm challenging myself to complete my fourth paranormal romance as well as my Regency romance WIP before then to make the getaway all the more relaxing. When we're not sunning and boating, I'll be happy to have J.R. Ward's latest Black Dagger Brotherhood book, Lover Unleashed, in my lap!

Cozies, what are you most looking forward to this spring season? (Note: The contest for yesterday's 20 Questions interview with Taryn Kincaid's heroine is still up for grabs. Don't miss out on the last Valentine's Day prize here at Cozy! The winner will be chosen late Thursday evening so check back in!)

2 comments:

Mary Preston said...

Spring means strolls through the park of a evening. I love my strolls.

marypres@gmail.com

Taryn Kincaid said...

Congrats on your wedding anniversary.

As for me...spring cannot come soon enough.

Thanks for letting me and Emma take part in your Valentine's Event. It was a hoot!