Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

ANIMAL ATTRACTION by Jenna McClure

We're one day away from the midpoint of our awesome 30 Days of Promo Goodness event here at The Cozy Page! Please help me in welcoming back author Jenna McClure, whose contemporary romance and debut novel Animal Attraction is available now from The Wild Rose Press....


Environmental consultant Emmalyn Ashmore is outraged when she discovers the last minute replacement for the guest speaker at her annual conference is none other than Adam McLean, a cattle rancher whos lifestyle represents everything she stands against.

Adam McLean has never met a more contrary woman. From the time she opens her mouth, he knows she's exactly the type of woman he doesn't need in his life - ever.

But Fate has other plans, and as the sparks start to fly, Emma realizes there is more at stake than conserving just the environment. She has to figure out how to conserve her heart, before she loses it to Adam forever.

So how does this work? Do I need to show up at a particular time? Do I just talk about my article and be available to answer questions on Saturday?


Excerpt from Animal Attraction:

“It’s never good to make assumptions about people you don’t know,” he replied, throwing her words back at her.

She jerked her eyes to him, tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “Right. Sorry.”

Idly, he wondered if she was always this nervous, or if it was just him. Selfishly he hoped he had the same effect on her as she did on him.

“I know you’re a cattle rancher and all,” she started, “but I…”

He didn’t care for her opening words, but he liked her voice, so he concentrated on that. Besides, if he missed anything important, he’d ask her to repeat it. Over dinner, he mused as he continued to stare at her mouth. It was still moving, which meant she was still talking and he was still not listening, but she didn’t seem to notice.

Or so he thought.

Her lips stopped moving, snapped shut, then opened slightly. A brief, shrill whistle pierced the air. He jerked his eyes back to hers, and found her staring at him in angry disbelief.

If she didn’t look so mad, he might have laughed.

“Mr. McLean, were you listening to a word I said?”

Adam scratched his chin. “Sure. You said something about me being a cattle rancher, which I already knew, and then something about your impressions. But you kind of lost me after that.”

She placed her hands on her hips. “I was trying to talk to you about how misleading your speech was.”

He cocked an eyebrow. “Yeah? I must have missed that part.”

“I think you missed all my parts.”

“Trust me, I didn’t,” he drawled.

No comments: