Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

14 Days of Romance: Jerri Hines

We’re counting down to Valentine’s Day here at The Cozy Page! Continuing our 14 Days of Romance event is author and friend, Jerri Hines whose favorite romance novel happens to be one of mine, too. Take it away, Jerri….


For a romance author, February is the perfect month. Valentine’s Day…the day for lovers. Cold winter’s nights…snuggling close by a warm crackling fire. A great book…a wonderful love story to immerse one’s self while the snow falls. For me, nothing’s better than escaping into a Romance Novel.


I am an avid reader. I love to read. All different genres, depending on my mood, but I’m partial to romance. I’m such a sap when it comes to a touching love story. I cried reading The Notebook and Love Story. I’ll admit since I was a young girl the poem, “The Highwayman” by Alfred Noyes, has haunted me. Who can forget “And the highwayman came riding—Riding—riding—The highwayman came riding…”


But I confess I have a Cinderella complex. I love a happy ending. When I pick up a romance, happily ever after is what I’m looking for. I have an expectation no matter what obstacles are thrown my heroine’s way, love will conquer all. Taking all that in account, if I had to choose my favorite romance novel, it would be…Ashes in the Wind by Kathleen Woodiwiss. 


I have read Ashes in the Wind numerous times over the years. Still I’m drawn to the characters of the Civil War novel. I love the feisty heroine, Alaina. Once a Southern Belle she disguises herself as boy, fooling the Yankee doctor, Cole…for a while. From the book's blurb-   A woman burdened by war...A doctor torn between passion and duty...A sweeping tale of love in the face of dishonor from the incomparable storyteller--Kathleen Woodiwiss.


Forbidden love. A Southern Belle and a Yankee. What is it that draws us to a love that should never be? But it does though, doesn’t it?


Here is a glimpse into Jerri’s latest release, Daughter of Deceit, which is available now on Amazon and written under Jerri’s pen name, Carrie James Haynes….

Daughter of Deceit's premise is a forbidden love. For the first time, I venture across the ocean to Regency England writing about Lord Julian Casvelyn, who has long lived with the guilt brought on by the death of his brother, a brother killed by George Hythe, England’s most notorious spy. For years, Alyce Hythe, daughter of the infamous traitor, has been hidden away from the prying eyes of London Society, given a new identity and told to forget who she was. Thrown together by fate, the two search for answers long denied them and along the way discover a love that can free them both.

Romance…suspense…with a touch of paranormal. Irresistible to any romance lover!

Shunned from London society for being the daughter of England’s most notorious spy, Alyce Hythe desires only to clear her father’s name. But strange things have been happening causing old rumors to be whispered of mystic ghosts and demons. Only one thing is certain for Alyce...someone wants her dead.

For years Lord Julian Casvelyn has mourned for his dead brother, murdered in cold blood by England’s most infamous traitor. But one eventful night has changed everything Lord Julian believed about his brother’s death. Never did he suspect the woman he has just saved from certain harm is the daughter of that man. Now Julian is caught in midst of a conspiracy and desire for a woman...learning unearthing secrets has a price.

Thank you for sharing your favorite romance as well as your latest release, Jerri! Readers, you can find out more about Daughter of Deceit at her blog and on her Facebook page, Novel Works!

4 comments:

Alison Henderson said...

Good morning, ladies! Jerri, I'm a huge Kathleen Woodiwiss fan, too. The Flame and the Flower was the first romance novel I ever read, but I love Ashes in the Wind, too. I have to say I adore the cover of Daughter of Deceit. Good luck with this wonderful story.

Jannine Gallant said...

I loved Ashes in the Wind! All those sweeping sagas by Ms. Woodiwiss were wonderful. Daughter of Deceit is another winner - I got a sneak preview of this terrific story!

Amber Leigh Williams said...

Thanks for the post, Jerri! Ashes in the Wind is one of my all-time faovirte romance historicals, too!

Colleen Connally said...

Thanks so much for having me, Amber. Love your blog!
Alison and Jannine, thanks so much for the kind words.