Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Life Getting in the Way (& Why That's OK)....

I’ve been gone a while from The Cozy Page, and I wanted to give readers an explanation. Over the course of spring this year, a lot of things fell through the cracks, not just my blogging, due to sickness. It’s the best kind of sickness, however. In late November, the hub and I are going to be parents! I wouldn’t have let first trimester symptoms stop me from blogging if they had been a bit milder. Unfortunately, I’ve been dealing with severe morning sickness and fatigue. On a positive note, the hub and I both strongly believe all the ick will be more than worth it in the end. And hopefully now that I’m in my second trimester, the worst is over. I know some authors don’t usually share baby or family news or much anything of a personal nature on the web, but we've been waiting a long time to be parents and couldn't be more thrilled with this next stage of our lives finally coming to be! Like I said on this page with my first book contract, dreams really do come true - in so many ways! Still, I do want to apologize for letting my presence here online slip through the cracks. A lot of other things have too...particularly here at home. I’m getting some of my energy back, though (I made it through all three hours of The Avengers without falling asleep on the hub’s shoulder last night!) and will be returning to blogging and revising my contemporary romance as soon as the hub and I return from our annual anniversary getaway….

Something I’ve been doing a lot of lately is reading! I caught up on quite a bit of my TBR while I was out sick. I re-read a few of my favorite comfort reads – Nora Roberts’s second Irish trilogy. I also caught up on one of my favorite paranormal authors’ new series – Larissa Ione’s Lords of Deliverance. Immortal Rider was excellent! Limos and Arik kept my mind occupied through some of the worst days of April...and that’s saying a lot....
Before the hub and I start Project Relax...I’ll be at Karen Michelle Nutt’s blog this Thursday, May 24 with a behind the scenes look at western romance Blackest Heart! Hope to see you there - and hugs for being patient with me through this new journey….

No comments: