Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

An Update...

Just a small update... I'm back from The Great & Wonderful Lake Vacation. Yesterday was our first full day back home and, I admit, I did absolutely nothing except cuddle my little one and read my book. Unfortunately, it's impossible to do these two things at the same time. The little one has a habit of tearing pages out of books. *SOB* That's the main reason my reading hobby has been posted on the backburner until nap time...or a nap time where I'm not doing writerly things like signing contracts. Which brings me to what I did today....

Ok, I'm done leaving everyone in the dark. You remember that bit 'o' news I was teasing on Twitter and Facebook earlier this month...and last month? I'm not quite comfortable yet revealing any specific details. I'm very superstitious and like things signed by all parties before making any formal announcements. But I do feel safe at this juncture saying that this morning I received an author's agreement from a publisher...a rather large and prolific publisher.  YAY! Like I said, I cannot reveal which book this contract is for or name the publisher yet. But that news is very forthcoming....

Of course, as is custom, the day I get my contract and am told to print out three copies to sign and mail...I find out my printer is out of ink. Kind of like that time I signed my book e-book contract way back when and my computer and printer simultaneously broke down. Prayers the ol' Toshiba sticks with me through the rest of this year. It's been telling me quite forcefully over the last few weeks that it needs a new battery....

Oh, today I also had the pleasure of shipping off a signed trade paperback edition of Forever Amore to the Kudzu Chronicles: A Southern Writers Event on the Square that will take place at the Athens State Center for Lifelong Learning in Athens, Alabama next month. Check it out on Facebook!

So there's your update the end of the month. That new official author newsletter is still in the works, trust me! And I'm thinking it will be the end of next week if not sooner that I can confidently reveal the title and publisher of my new book contract!

No comments: