Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

All Things Irish: Day 3....

Today on All Things Irish we shall talk about a few good Irish men. For the record, I loved researching this article....

Liam Neeson
If my husband and I have another boy, he may or may not be named Liam. Just sayin'. Though actor Liam Neeson has been a U.S. Citizen for several years, he was born in Northern Ireland. Above all others, Liam is my favorite Irish actor. He has played many historical roles such as Michael Collins and Oscar Schindler but is a great action star as well, such as in the thriller Taken. Here’s a SNL parody of Taken starring Liam Neeson, his tough-guy voice and his leather jacket. YES! 

Watch on YouTube here.

Jamie Dornan
I haven’t read 50 Shades of Grey and I have no idea if I’ll watch the movie next year. And although I think Charlie Hunnam is one sexy beast, I approve of his casting replacement for the lead role of Christian Grey: Jamie Dornan. Another actor born in Northern Ireland, Jamie first gained attention for his role as the huntsman/sheriff in the television show Once Upon a Time. In addition to landing the role of man-hunk Christian Grey, Jamie recently became a first-time daddy. Aww. In this scene from OUAT, he’s looking all scruffy and sounding very Irish…had to share!

 
Colin O’Donoghue
Sorry. Another Once Upon a Time reference. But, c’mon – the men of the Enchanted Forest, y’all! They’re just too hot to handle. I was interested to see who would play the role of Captain Hook in the second season. The casting could not be more perfect. Colin O’Donoghue plays Hook to perfection. Despite his successes in the United States and his work in Los Angeles, he lives with his wife and young son in the place where he was born and raised, Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland. He is also a musician and until recently was a member of the five-piece Irish band, The Enemies. Couldn’t resist this clip of Colin strumming his guitar and wearing flannel. Le sigh.
 
Jonathan Rhys Meyers
So it appears I might have a thing for Irish musicians. Though he played the very English King Henry VIII in The Tudors for many years, Jonathan Rhys Meyers was born in none other than County Dublin. In addition to Henry, he has played the roles of Dracula and Elvis as well as an Irish band member in the movie August Rush (my personal favorite). Jonathan may not actually be a musician, but I loved this soulful portrayal. This scene makes my heart melt. Anyone who has seen the movie will know the sweet significance behind it. Chills. Every time.
 
There are many other wonderfully sexy and talented Irish men! Daniel Day Lewis, anybody? Cillian Murphy – can I say YUM? Pierce Brosnan. Bad boy Collin Farrell. Stuart Townsend. Kenneth Branagh. Feel free to add to the list or shout out your favorite Irish actor!
Until tomorrow, Cozies…check back in for more All Things Irish as we continue our countdown to St. Paddy's Day!

No comments: