Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tink's Hump Day Heroes: Casey Ridge....


Happy Hump Day, everybody! Tink is continuing her sojourn down in West Texas. For a moment, I thought she wasn’t going to check in. She’s enjoying her time in Wayback with these cowboys far too much. Today she’s interviewing the hero of Bluest Heart, the second novella in my Ridges of Wayback, TX trilogy. This cowboy has enough charm and clean-cut appeal to make your heart melt. And he’s got it bad for the town bad-girl, Josie….
 
Tink: Name?
Casey Ridge
 
Tink: Hair color?
Sandy blond
 

Tink: Eye color?
Blue

 
Tink: Occupation?
Casey: My father, Leland, owns a cattle ranch in Wayback called Ridge Range. It’s been in the family since before I was born. My big brother, Keefe, my little sister, Stella, my friend and brother-in-law, Judd Black, and I all work as hands there. I also sometimes join the calf-ropin’ competition at the town rodeo on the weekends.

 
Tink: Hometown?
Casey: Ma’am, I’m proud to say I was born and raised right here in Wayback, West Texas.


 
Tink: Are you the first one on the dance floor or not so much?
Casey: I’ve been known to two-step a time or two. Especially if my girl, Josie, is singing at The Blue Bug Saloon.

 
Tink: What is your preferred mode of transportation?
Casey: A company 4x4.


Tink: Would you rather tell someone you love them or show it?
Casey: In Josie’s case, both. Most people know I’m good on my word, but I have a feeling my girl needs more than that.


Tink: Who is the person you look up to most in life?
Casey: My father, Leland. Hardest-working man I know.

 
Tink: Travel to the past or into the future?
Casey: I like the present, especially with Josie warming up to me.

 

Tink: What would you give your heroine if you needed forgiveness?
Casey: Josie’s been hurt a time or two in the past and it’s taken forever for me to get past that tough armor she carries herself in. I hope I’m never so careless as to lose her trust or her faith in me. For the sake of the question, though, there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for the sake of forgiveness. She’s worth it.

 
Tink: Would you describe yourself as more alpha or beta?
Casey: I guess I’m a little bit of both.

 
Tink: Would you make the first move or wait it out?
Casey: It depends on the situation. I’m not above making the first move or waiting it out.  


 
Tink: Do you have a favorite song?
Casey: That Kenny Chesney song. “Baby You Save Me.”


 
Tink: What is your idea of a dream date?
Casey: We could take the horses up into the range hills. There’s a little creek on the northern border that’s real nice. Bring a basket of Josie’s chipotle chicken. Maybe go skinny dippin’ :-)

 
Tink: Karaoke: yes or no?
Casey: Only when it’s warranted. And only if Keefe goes first.

 
Tink: And – most importantly – do you wear boxers, briefs, or commando?
Casey: Usually, I wear boxer-briefs. But summer in West Texas is brutal. Sometimes I choose to go a little commando. I don't think you'll mind my saying so too much ;-)


Certainly not, Casey! As always, thank you for answering Tink’s intrusive question with such charm and ease. Dang, I love that cowboy! Readers, if you would like to know more about Casey Ridge and his hard-to-get cowgirl, Josie, you can find the ebook for just $2.99 at The Wild Rose Press, Amazon, and wherever ebooks are sold. Find the audio book at Audible.

Be sure to check back next week for Tink’s final backlist hero and her last Wayback cowboy, Keefe Ridge….

[Authors: In May, I’m opening up the Tink Hump Day feature to guest authors. If you’re interested, please send an email to amber@amberleighwilliams.com with subject line: Tink’s Hump Day Heroes. Thanks!]

No comments: