Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Always A Rose


Welcome again to Amber's temporarily inflated ego!

I got an email Saturday evening from an editor at The Wild Rose Press. They offered a contract for sultry, sinister suspense, Denied Origin! Whoa...Hm...I think I just made my promo tag for this one! I LOVE happy accidents!!! Anyway, back to the news, I was at someone else's house so the dh and I couldn't do the insane and embarrassing happy dance, but you can be sure there's been a strut in my step for a week now!

Even more wonderful news: I already have an editor and the editiing process begins as soon as I send the contract to NY headquarters (that sounds so important!!!) and get it signed by the powers that be in this lovely garden!

So whilst I continue to do the insane and embarassing happy dance in the safety of my own home and hum "Kiss from a Rose" over and over, please enjoy these befitting celebratory quotes courtesy of BellaOnline:


"Gather the rose of love whilst yet is time."
Edmund Spenser

"God gave us our memories so that we might have
roses in December."

J. M. Barrie

"The sweetest flower that blows, I give you as we
part. For you it is a Rose, For me it is my heart."

Frederick Peterson

"If the rose puzzled its mind over the question
how it grew, it would not have been the miracle that it is."

J B Yeats

"A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the
rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring."

William Carlos Williams

"And I will make thee beds of roses And a
thousand fragrant posies."

Christopher Marlowe

"The rose is a rose, And was always a rose. But
the theory now goes That the apple’s a rose." Robert Frost


"Roses red and violets blew, And all the sweetest
flowres that in the forrest grew."

Edmund Spenser

"Oh, my luve’s like a red, red rose, That ’s
newly sprung in June; Oh, my luve’s like the melodie That’s sweetly played in
tune."

Robert Burns

"A single rose can be my garden...a single
friend, my world"

Leo Buscaglia

"When love first came to Earth,the Spring spread
rose-beds to receive him."

Thomas Campbell

No comments: