Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Update on the Muse (or "Where Art Thou, Tinkerbell?")

So it's a new year and I'm determined to tackle at least two of my unfinished WIPs this month. As many of you know, I'm in the midst of a Regency romance I began writing last spring. I'm also working on my fourth paranormal romance. The holiday season was busier than expected so I didn't reach my goal of a completed contemporary revision but I'm so close it hurts! I'm confident I will have the latter at least done by January 31! *fingers crossed*

As much as I don't believe on waiting for the muse to be present before beginning a writing session, it does help and that fickle little lady in the green dress has been absent for some time. She came back briefly last week to toy with another contemporary premise and to do some light edits on the Regency WIP but hasn't really been seen since. I'm convinced she's gone off with Captain Jack to some desserted tropical island in the Carribean and refuses to come back until the rum has gone. In fact, I heavily suspect her sitting on the other side of the table in the latest POTC: On Stranger Tides trailer. Judge for yourself....



So that's the skinny for those of you who were wondering where I am on the writing front. If any of you pass by a tropical island and happen to see her green-slippered self, be sure to give me a holler. In other news, I have signed on to be a part of fellow TWRP author Sky Purington's Celts and More Blog Event in March. I love Sky's work and Celtic heroes so I'm thrilled to be a part of this. Event dates and more info coming your way soon via the ol' Cozy blog....

Also on the radar is the LoveRomance Cafe "Best of..." Awards! Readers have until January 16th to nominate their favorite titles. If you'd like to vote for Bluest Heart or Bet It on my Heart for "Best Contemporary," visit Dawn's Reading Nook for more details! I also highly encourage you to vote The Wild Rose Press for "Best e-Publisher." I know I will!

This week the winner of the 50 States from 50 Authors guest post will be announced. If you commented, be sure to check back there to see if you won a free audio book version of Blackest Heart!

No comments: