Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reader's Choice: Academy Awards Party

So this year I'm hosting my first Academy Awards Party - really just an intimate watch party here at home with hors d'oeuvres and sparkling cider but I will be taking this opportunity to dress up. I went into my closet this morning to see what I have to wear. I came up with a couple of options, but just like Halloween last year I want the readers to vote on their favorite. I will take the majority favorite and wear it Sunday for the event. The good news is that my new Gianni shoes go with both of these options! Here are the nominees....






A) Pink Sheath - I love this dress first and foremost for the color and secondly for the beading which angles up and gives it a little something extra. It's very springy yet elegant enough for my imaginary red carpet. Yes, we will be practicing our red carpet cat walks as well as our winning moment faces....







B) Ivory Halter - I bought this dress for my rehearsal dinner but never got to wear it. It really needs a night out soon, I think. It's very light (don't worry, it's 70-something degrees on the Coast and we'll have a nice fire going for ambience, I'm sure) and flirty....





And here, just for reference, are the Gianni Bini's I got for Christmas which I haven't had a chance to wear either! Whichever dress you choose, Cozies, I'll be pairing them with these puppies....
Feel free to comment with your answer to this post or, if you prefer, tweet your preference t0 @ALeighWilliams! You can also reply with an answer on Facebook. Saturday evening I will tally up your votes and announce the winner. And, of course, on Monday I'll post party pics with my Oscars recap!

8 comments:

Maeve Greyson said...

Love the ivory halter - classic, elegant. But either choice, I'm sure you'll steal the show!

Amber Leigh Williams said...

Thank you for the input, Maeve! The ivory halter does hold a special place in my heart :)

Mary Preston said...

I LOVE the pink sheath. I wish I could get away with wearing this piece of deliciousness.

marypres@gmail.com

Sarah Grimm said...

I like the pink sheath. Pink is my favorite color, so, of course, it's the one I'd pick. :)

~Sarah
www.sarahgrimm.com

Lilly Gayle said...

The ivory halter has my vote. Very Elegant and probably more figure flatterying. Looks like it will do wonders for the bustline. lol!

Amber Leigh Williams said...

@Marybelle, thank you for your vote! I love the pink sheath, too!

@Sarah, Pink's my favorite color too!

@Lilly, wonders for the bustline are definitely noted :)

Rachel Lynne said...

Hi Amber! Love the Ivory Halter ... has a Grecian feel: classic ;)
The shoes are to die for!

Amber Leigh Williams said...

Thank you, Rachel! I ADORE my Giannis :)