Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Lulu....

The closest I've come to a shipwreck is the sailboat that sank during a tornado in twenty feet of water at my grandparents' lakehouse in the late nineties'. Even so, my sister and I were told not to swim anywhere near it. I personally have never gone scuba diving, but I'm fascinated by it. Probably because the hub is an accomplished diver who has visited wrecks off the coast of Alabama and has many a story to tell about them.

On May 24 of this year, a 271-foot freighter called The Lulu was sunk 17 miles south of Orange Beach, Alabama for the purpose of creating a new recreational diving platform as well as a new habitat for sea life. It's been less than three months and already it looks as if the Lulu has been embraced by its new undersea environment. Here is a cool video by Gary's Gulf Divers taken of The Lulu in July....

 
 
And here's a video of the sinking in May....
 



No comments: