Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Cozy Countdown to A PLACE WITH BRIAR: Only 8 Days Left....

I had to take a moment today to post some “happees.” In other words, just a few squee-worthy pics I took over the weekend to kick off the Cozy Countdown to A Place With Briar’s April 1st book launch!
 

I should start out by saying that Friday night I went back to the Books-a-Million where I worked several years ago. I went there for two reasons, really.


One: I wanted to scope out the Harlequin Superromance section to get an idea of where A Place With Briar will be shelved in seven days’ time.
 

Two: To buy every copy of the April issue of RT Book Reviews magazine in which A Place With Briar is reviewed. Not only is this my first RT review (so exciting!), reviewer Alexandra Kay gave the book 4 stars! Oh my gee! Really? It didn’t hit me until I peeled back the pages of the April issue for myself to find the Series Romance section where the review is printed - in the middle column, bottom of the page. (Warning: the full review pictured below includes what could be considered spoilers. If you’d like to read a less revealing review snippet before reading Cole and Briar’s story, I’ve copied it below the image.)
 

 
Review Snippet: Great description and engaging characters make this story an entertaining read. Cole is nicely developed and his despair over losing his son and Briar’s worry over the potential loss of her inn are both well drawn. The secondary characters, such as Briar’s tenants, are also quite fun and nicely crafted.

Readers, there’s only a few days left to preorder Briar and Cole’s story at Amazon and Harlequin.com! (A quick shout-out to those who have sent me messages and emails to say that you bought your copy of A Place With Briar ahead of time! Y'all are amazing! Thank you so much!)  Oh, and be sure to check back here at the ol’ blog tomorrow to help me choose a new author headshot photo for my website…..
 

One last note: March is quickly coming to an end! Don’t forget to enter the Fool for Romance contest if you haven’t already before the month is up. There’s still a $100 Amazon Gift Card up for grabs as well as three awesome book bundles. If you haven’t entered, click here for details on how to win these and more great prizes!  

No comments: